Hey FaceTory Fam 💝
The skincare world has so many different products and sometimes these products seem like they pretty much do the same thing. Terms get jumbled up and things just get confusing. We totally get it. That’s why we’re going to go over the difference between ampoules and serums. These two treatments seem to get the most confusion! Read on to find out a little more about each one so you can tell the difference between the two!
- Serums contain concentrated ingredients that will help you target certain skin concerns.
- Works to soothe, plump, and moisturize your skin.
- Great to use for everyday use
- It is a personalized skincare product because you would get it for certain reasons (anti-aging, brightening, or evening out the skin tone)
- Ampoules are generally much more concentrated than serums (this is probably the main difference between the two)
- They also work to target certain skin concerns and personalize your routine.
- More importantly, they work great as a booster (a product that can help “boost” your other products because it is concentrated with specific active ingredients)
- Not needed every day. Sometimes using ampoules a few times a week or month will be enough for your skin, depending on the product of course.
- Also, some sheet masks are soaked in an ampoule rather than an essence (you can tell by the thickness of the formula!)
Naming a product a serum or an ampoule also depends on the brand.
Some companies have serums that are as concentrated as an ampoule from another company. So, what’s the difference? Well, when it comes to naming, it really just depends on the product and the company. For the most part, they work in the same way because they both deliver active ingredients to your skin but the main difference is in concentration! So we recommend testing the products or swatching them to see which one you like the most.
You can use both or choose one– the choice is yours!
The fun part is you get to try out different kinds to see which treatment you like the most! It just takes a bit of testing to see which one works with your skin and at what schedule you should be applying the product(s). But trust us, when you find it out, your skin will change for the better!
We hope this blog post helped! Thanks for reading and as always, just keep glowing!
Love, FaceTory 💝