All About Double Cleansing
Hey FaceTory Fam 🤗
Double cleansing is a routine we highly recommend. It truly transforms your skin and works well with all skin types.💗 Want to know why we love it so much? Read on to find out!
What is double cleansing?
Double cleansing is a 2-step cleansing method that ensures your skin is clean and clear without stripping moisture from your skin! It includes a cleansing oil or blam as the first step and then a water- based cleanser as the second step. Different forms of water-based cleansers are cleansing waters or your normal foam, milk, or gel cleansers. Incorporating both an oil and water cleanser into your routine will ensure all the makeup, dirt, sunscreen, and dead skin are washed away from your face.
This method is actually very common in most facial spas in order to make sure a client’s face is thoroughly cleansed. An oil-based cleanser is needed to help remove all the excess impurities (like your makeup and excess oils) and following up with a water-based cleanser is meant to help remove water-based impurities (like dust and sweat). Can you imagine skipping out on double cleansing?! Going through these steps will ensure your skin is thoroughly cleansed before proceeding with the rest of your skincare products. 😌 Think about it. You spend money on your skincare products! Making sure all the bad stuff that sits the surface of your skin is washed away is absolutely essential for your skin to be able to drink up and absorb the nutrients it needs!
What skin type should double cleanse?
Double cleansing would work with all skin types, even oily skin types! Trust us, an oil-based cleanser won’t make you break out! It will actually help cleanse the skin better because oil attracts oil. So, say goodbye to excess sebum on your face! Of course, each person's skin is different so it’s important to test it first. If you’re apprehensive about incorporating an oil-based cleanser, or double cleansing in general, we recommend starting off with gentle products. Find a gentle oil-cleanser or balm as well as a gentle water-based cleanser and slowly incorporate it into your current routine. If you have really sensitive skin, make sure you patch test!
Double Cleansing Steps:
- Warm 1-2 pumps of an oil cleanser or a scoop of the cleansing balm in your dry hands.
- Gently spread the product over unwashed face and use circular motions to gently massage it into your skin, removing all your makeup.
- Add a bit of lukewarm water to help dampen the skin and continue to massage your face. This step will make the product turn into a white milky consistency and will be easier to wash off. This step is especially important if you’re working with a solid form (i.e cleansing balm)
- Rinse your face with lukewarm water.
- Time for cleanse #2! Get your water-based cleanser and cleanse your face. Gently pat dry once you’ve washed off your cleanser and continue with your other skincare steps!
And now you know the art of double cleansing!. 🙌 Although it may seem like another added step to your skincare, it truly transforms the way your skin absorbs products and is definitely worth it. The next time you cleanse, try the double cleansing method and let us know how it works for you!
Thanks for reading and as always, just keep glowing! ✨