Having a clear complexion and even skin tone is something we may strive for but it’s not always easy. Some people are blessed with clear skin, others have to add a bit more effort to get there. Not to worry! We’ve got the tips to help you on your journey to clear, even skin ✨
First Things First: Why Do We Have Uneven Skin?
A lot of factors contribute to us having uneven skin but here are some of the main ones:
- Acne/Fungal Acne/Bumps - Can leave scars and hyperpigmentation that could take 3-6 months to heal
- Sun exposure - We get sunspots on any skin surface that are exposed to the sun
- Age - As we age, our skin starts to lose collagen, resulting in fine lines and wrinkles
Now for the Tips!
We say this a lot but it’s true. Staying hydrated is important for our skin health and in helping keep our skin clear and even. This includes:
- Drinking lots of water, at least 64 oz. each day
- Never skipping moisturizer! Change your moisturizer with the seasons too.
- Using a Hyaluronic Acid Serum like our Sky Drops to help keep your skin plump and lock in moisture
Avoid These Foods
Some foods can trigger redness, dullness, and cause premature wrinkles so it’s best to stay away from them!
- Foods high in refined sugar
- Overly processed foods
Never Forget Sunscreen
We mean it! It’s a good habit to always wear sunscreen before you head out the door—yes, even on cloudy days as UV rays can still reach you. Using sunscreen every day can prevent sun spots, sunburn, and skin cancer.
Don’t forget your neck and hands as well!
Incorporate Active Ingredients
Best found in your serums to target specific areas on your face~ your skin absorbs them faster in that form.
- Vitamin C - an antioxidant ingredient that helps brighten the skin and protect it from free radical damage. Using our Star Velvet Sleeping Mask that contains Vitamin C and help you give your skin that brightness it needs!
- Niacinamide - promotes healthy skin by helping reduce wrinkles and brighten the complexion
- Salicylic Acid - great for acne-prone skin as it exfoliates the outer layer of the skin to show new, healthy skin underneath.
Evening out the skin is one of the hardest skin issues to deal with so give it time to heal 😌
And that’s it for our tips to get a more even skin tone! Remember to always patch test new skincare products before regularly using them. Stick to a routine and be patient; you’ve got this!
Star Velvet Vitamin C Sleeping Mask
Other blogs you may like: