Hi FaceTory Fam, today we’re going to talk about aging skin. We’ll go over what aging looks like, how to prevent and treat it, when to start this process, and lastly, we’ll mention some products that we think will help you along the way to youthful, plump, and healthy skin! Let’s get started.
What Causes Aging? 👵
Aging is a part of life! We all know it. We’re all aware of it. But it is important to know what type of aging is natural and what is caused by external factors that you can control. Now, aging can be categorized into 2 different types: intrinsic and extrinsic.
⏰ Intrinsic aging, A.K.A chronological aging, is when your skin ages as time pass. This is the natural process of aging. As you get older, your body produces less collagen and elastin which will result in sagging, wrinkles, and fine lines. We usually start to see signs of aging when we hit our mid-to-late 20’s.
☀️Extrinsic aging is aging associated with external factors: environmental and lifestyle. Some external factors include: UV light (photoaging), air pollution, stress, smoking, etc.
Extrinsic aging acts together with intrinsic aging to develop skin aging faster and at a younger age.
Some signs of aging include: dry skin, expression lines, wrinkles, pigmentation, slower healing, roughness, etc.
3 Easy Ways To Slow Down Aging On The Skin
Even if aging is inevitable, there are small steps you can take to delay the process and keep your skin looking youthful. Having a healthy and balanced lifestyle will help slow down the process of aging. Yes, you’ve heard it all before: less stress, a balanced diet, exercising, and taking care of your skin! Each of these things contributes to helping your skin stay strong.
Let’s talk about 3 important steps you can do to take better care of your skin:
1. 💁♀️ Protect yourself! Use sunscreen, at least SPF 30+, 30 minutes before sun exposure. You’ll want to keep your skin safe from UV damage as it is one of the main factors that cause aging skin and a trigger of those horrible free radicals that damage your skin and steals your healthy cells.
2. 🍓 Bring in Antioxidants! Antioxidants help neutralize free radicals and reduce signs of aging. For example, Vitamin C rich ingredients, like Citrus and Berries, will help reverse signs of wrinkles, fine lines, and sun spots. There is also Green Tea which helps reduce UV damage by improving the body’s natural defense. And Niacinamide which will help even out your skin tone and texture. Yay for antioxidants!
3. 💆♀️ Properly Moisturize and Hydrate! Dry skin may lead to a damaged skin barrier. Your skin barrier is important because it helps block any environmental factors that may contribute to aging. Having well hydrated and moisturized skin will also help lessen the appearance of aging allowing your skin to be healthy, supple, and strong.
When To Start
Prevention is key when it comes to anti-aging. It is best if you start as soon as you can. Finding products that will help strengthen and hydrate your skin will assist in bring all that goodness back because hey, you want to feed your skin with yummy goodness too! And don’t forget, it is never too late to start. If you don’t have one already, try creating a skin care regimen you can stick with that consists of the essentials! Pamper your face and take care of your skin.
Here are some sheet masks we know will give your skin great nutrients!
- Includes moisturizing ingredients such as sodium hyaluronate and ceramides to help strengthen and repair your skin barrier.
- Antioxidant-rich mask
- Filled with Vitamin C which helps get rid of hyperpigmentation and prevents UV damage, particularly when used with sunscreen.
- Contains Collagen to hydrate and help plump up the skin, reducing the look of wrinkles and fine lines.
- For more great anti-aging masks, check our current March promotion! (Valid until March 31, 2019)
That’s it for today! We hope you found this bit of information helpful! And as always, just keep glowing! ✨
The FaceTory Family