Beginner's Guide to Antioxidants
Antioxidants - the good stuff! What are they exactly and how do they help keep your skin glowing and healthy? Well, we’re here to talk about this. 😌 So sit back, relax and maybe snack on some fruit and veggies while you're at it! 🍇 🥕🍉 😋
Let’s start with this: We love antioxidant-rich products! They are super beneficial not only for your health, but also for the appearance of your skin! When applied topically, they work to maintain the health of your skin, ensuring that it is smooth, wrinkle-free, hydrated and bright. ✨ 😌 They can be consumed (tomatoes, spinach, grapes, blueberries, etc.) or applied topically (which is where your skin care comes in)!
So, here’s the gist: Antioxidants are substances that protect your skin against free radicals. Free radicals are the bad guys, my dear FaceTory Fam. 🙅♀️ They cause damage to other cells in your body, weaken your skin barrier and cause your skin to age faster! 😣 Some common signs of free radical damage are changes of skin color (brown spots/hyperpigmentation), saggy skin, fine lines. and wrinkles.Where do those darn free radicals come from? They are created from things like pollution, cigarette smoke and UV damage. 😫 Yikes! So like… everything around us, right? Unfortunately, yes. ☹ That’s why antioxidants are so important. They donate an electron to stabilize highly reactive free radicals and they help repair any damage the free radicals may have left behind. So yay for antioxidants! They help your body stay protected and balanced!
To help you out, we narrowed down some of the best antioxidant ingredients you can find in your skin care products. 💁♀️ So check these out and give your skin the protection it craves.
- Best at finding and neutralizing free radicals! Helps lighten dark spots to reveal a brighter and smoother complexion. Look for oranges, grapefruit, broccoli, tomatoes and papaya
- Our Faves: FaceTory Let's Talk Vitality , Ariul Juice Cleanse Mask 2x Raspberry Lentil
- Best for soothing! Helps reduce redness and inflammation caused by blemishes and helps the skin repair itself from damage.
- Our Faves: Lotus Soothing + Whitening Mask
- Best for moisturizing! Vitamin E works to reduces fine lines and wrinkles while calming irritation.
- Can be found in common fruits and veggies like spinach, broccoli, nuts, avocado, and blackberries
- Our Fave: Moksha Dear Avocado Mask
- Best for anti-aging! Helps even out skin tone by fading age spots, promotes radiance, hydrates, reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Can be found in common fruits and veggies like carrots, cantaloupe, papaya and apricots
- Our Fave: DewyTree Whitening Deep Mask
- Helps minimize the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, brightens and minimize redness
- Can be found in red wine, grape skin, nuts and blueberries
- Our Fave: NoHj Skin Maman Blueberry Wine Mask
Overall, you want to make sure your skin is being protected from anything that can harm it. And lastly, a tip: antioxidants work better together! So make sure to find products that have a combination of antioxidant-rich ingredients and pair it with sunscreen! They’ll work together to defend your skin against free radical damage! Let’s give our skin the protection it deserves!
As always, don't forget to leave a comment below if you have any questions about antioxidants!
Just keep glowing!✨
The FaceTory Fam 💝