When people hear about 10 step skincare routines there’s always that slight fear. Then you question your routine like wait… Am I supposed to have that many steps too? Do I really need to buy that many products? Doesn’t that take too much time? Yeah, we totally understand how the concept of skincare can seem daunting to some people. But you know what? It doesn’t have to be! We’re here to (hopefully) change your mind about scary skincare routines. So read on to find out more!
Alrighty, FaceTory Fam! Let’s get to the bottom of things. Do people really need to have a 7-10 step skincare routine? Every day? That answer is a big NOPE since it all depends on YOUR skin.
Cleansing, toning, moisturizing, and SPF in the morning. 4 steps. 4 ways to healthy skin. 4 skincare necessities. Seems doable enough, no? Let’s break it down:
- Cleansing: helps remove impurities on the skin and is definitely necessary at night! Find one with a low ph so your skin doesn’t feel stripped.
- Toning: helps balance the skin and brings essential nutrients and a great way to prep the skin before moisturizer.
- Moisturizing: important to help protect your skin and skin barrier! This will also help lock in hydration from your toner.
- SPF: do not get us started with this. Sun protection is needed every morning even if it is gloomy outside. It will protect your skin from aging and help protect you from skin cancers.
Let’s be honest, you’re not going to want to stop at the basics. These steps are great because they give your skin a boost and help target certain skin concerns! Adding these products can help restore your skin’s health.
- Sheet masking: Sheet masks are supercharged with nutrient-rich essence to help restore your skin’s moisture barrier and help target any particular skin concerns.
- Serums/Ampoules: Hydrates and brightens the skin while also targeting other skin concerns.
These are great steps to add to your routine when you feel like your skin needs the extra attention:
- Exfoliating: Removes dead skin cells on the surface of your skin to ensure products are sinking in and pores are unclogged. Great to do 2-3 times a week, depending on your skin.
- Eye Cream: Adds moisture and hydration to help minimize fine lines, puffiness, and darkness.
- Oils: adds moisture, hydration and extra beneficial nutrients to the skin.
Decide everything based on YOUR skin:
We’ve said this before and we’ll say it again: everyone’s skin is different. Everyone’s skin has its own story so decide based on what your skin likes. That may take some trial and error but it’s necessary to find your perfect products!
Overall, the number of steps in your skincare routine is completely up to you. Another factor that can go into it is aging. When you’re young, your skin may not necessarily need a lot of treatment products since skin cell turnover is still at an A+. When you get older is when the skin cell turnover slows down, collagen production is slowed down AND your skin gets drier (wow. adulting is great, guys). This is why a lot of people to decide to bring in serums and creams– for anti-aging, maintenance, and preventative reasons.
Do you need a bunch of products?
Nope. Not at all. Once you find your skincare staples, stick with them! Other steps can be incorporated a few times a week but don’t have to be added every single day.
We hope this helped ease your mind about skincare routines. Remember, sometimes less is more! If you feel like your skin is doing well with 3-4 steps then by all means! Keep doing what you’re doing! The best thing you can do for your skin is to listen to it and ensure that you’re not doing too much or too little.
Thanks for reading and remember to just keep glowing!