By now you must be familiar with the dreaded term: Maskne! Masks have become a constant thing in our daily lives. But don’t fret! We’ve got the tips and tricks to keep you on top of Maskne so you can worry no more!
What is Maskne?
Maskne is acne you get from wearing a mask. It’s common nowadays and shows up due to the friction of the mask material combined with clogged pores from dirt and bacteria being covered by the mask, as well as the humidity being trapped.
To keep Maskne at bay, here’s our tried and true routine:
- Start off with a gentle cleanser like our Cloud Puff Cleanser
- After cleansing, pat your skin dry around any pimple area and apply a pimple patch like our Spot Fighters
- Apply a soothing toner to prep your skin like our Artemisia Toner
- Apply a hydrating serum like our Sky Drops to keep your skin plump and hydrated
- Lock in all that goodness by applying moisturizer like our Artemisia Cream
- Lastly, don’t forget your sunscreen if it’s daytime!
Tip to Treat!
At night, if you are not applying a pimple patch, we highly recommend applying our Leaf Drops Clarity Serum! It's a hybrid serum that contains Hemp Seed Oil and Centella Asiatica to reduce inflammation and gently resurface the skin.
Tips to Keep In Mind!
- Try not to wear thick makeup while wearing a mask
- Serums and Oils should be saved for your nighttime skincare routine
- Always wash your reusable masks
- Do not use disposable masks for more than one day
- Drink lots of water to stay hydrated!
- Exfoliate 2-3 times a week or depending on your skin
Thanks for reading!
Here's some more blogs to check out~