Let’s just confirm one thing here. Hyaluronic Acid serums are worth the hype! This product helps transform and maintain your skin. Think about it. The benefits of Hyaluronic Acid + a serum formulation = chef’s kiss! And today, we’re going to explain why Hyaluronic Acid deserves all the love, and also mention the different ways you can use HA serums (and how it SHOULD be used!).
Just a refresher, a serum is a product that contains concentrated ingredients to help improve your skin. Learn more about serums in this blog! Depending on the specific ingredients of a serum, this kind of product can help improve tone, texture, elasticity, scarring, etc! Hyaluronic Acid is one of the more popular types of serums because it’s a great go-to for many different skin types.
About Hyaluronic Acid
Some other names it can go by are HA and Sodium Hyaluronate. Hyaluronic Acid is naturally occurring in the body and it helps cushion and lubricates the body’s connective tissues. But as you age, Hyaluronic Acid diminishes (similar to Collagen!). So you might start noticing that your skin gets dry more frequently or it’s harder to maintain that supple, hydrated, and dewy complexion. Check out the benefits of HA below!
Benefits of Hyaluronic Acid Serum
- Promotes supple skin
- Water-binding humectant ingredient (humectant ingredients keep the skin hydrated!)
- Results in softer, smoother, and more radiant skin
- Improves the appearance of fine lines or wrinkles
Different Ways to Use Hyaluronic Acid Serums
- Apply after toner and before moisturizer
- Squeeze a few drops on the back of your hand and mix your moisturizer in
- Pair it with Vitamin C focused products (moisturizer, toner, or another serum)
Applying Hyaluronic Acid Serum: Dos and Donts
- DO apply while your skin is damp
- DO moisturize after
- DO use with AHA, BHA, or Retinol to help balance the skin
- DON’T apply on dry skin
- DON’T wait for the serum to dry before applying moisturizer
- DON’T just apply any HA serum. Make sure it contains different molecular sizes of HA for effective absorption! (Smaller molecule sizes sink into the skin better, bigger molecule sizes stay on the top layer of the skin and acts as a film/ protective layer!)
Products With Hyaluronic Acid
Sky Drops Hyaluronic Serum
Best for: All Skin Types
Infused with Hyaluronic Acid and Coconut Water, this refreshing formula sinks in fast so your skin remains smooth, even, and radiant!
We hope this blog helps and thank you so much for reading! Stay tuned for more blogs!
The FaceTory Team