Let’s face it, acne can appear anywhere on your body. The question is, do we treat acne on our body the same way we treat acne on our face?
In a way, yes! When it comes to body acne (whether pimples are appearing on your face, neck, chest, back, arms, or lower body) you want to make sure you’re keeping the area clean while also incorporating some sort of body skincare routine.
Here are tips for your body acne skincare routine:
- Shower or change your clothes after working out or sweating
- Pay attention to what lotion and/or body wash you’re using
- Exfoliate but don’t overdo it
- Make sure you’re moisturizing your skin right after you shower
- Apply calming products with quality ingredients that help soothe
Here are products you should use when it comes to body acne:
- AHA body wash: if you’re using a shower gel or body wash, find one with AHA (a chemical exfoliating ingredient) to help slough of dead skin cells and renew the skin.
- AHA body lotion: always moisturize your skin to help protect, maintain, and strengthen the skin barrier. Again, AHA is a great ingredient for starting out since it’s a great chemical exfoliant and also more gentle on the skin.
Learn more about AHA here!
- Acne body spray: Body sprays are great as a body care product. They’re infused with key ingredients that help calm, soothe, and balance the skin. Think of it as a toner for your body!
- Pimple patches: These are great for those who are dealing with random pimple or breakout on their chest, back, arms, etc. It helps target and extract a pimple in just a few hours.
Don't sleep on treating your skin! Setting up a routine for your body the same way you have a routine for your face is just as important!
Thanks for reading!
The FaceTory Team