Hey FaceTory Fam! Today, we're going to learn how to get that radiant, glowing honey skin! 🍯
What is Honey Skin? 💁♀️
Honey skin is a K-beauty trend that has been in the spotlight for a while now and for a good reason! It’s all about healthy skin and the natural glow that will radiate as a result. First, picture a spoonful of honey. Can you imagine the texture, look and feel of it? Setting aside the gooeyness, you may be imagining smooth, silky honey that is plump and shiny. Those are the characteristics of honey skin! The goal is to achieve a look that is smooth, soft, supple, and hydrated.
So, why is it so popular? The great thing about this trend is that it goes deeper than the surface of your skin and promotes the health and vitality of your skin, showing the beauty you already possess!
How Do I Achieve Honey Skin? 😳
It is all about the process. Going the extra mile for your skin will show tremendous results! Remember, everyone’s skin is unique in its own way and has different needs, so finding out what works with your skin is extremely important if you want to see results. Curating a skincare routine with the right products will help you on your journey to supple, healthy, glowing skin! Here are some ingredients to keep in mind that will help you with your search for the right products:
- Humectants, moisture-attracting ingredients: Glycerin, Hyaluronic Acid, Honey, Aloe.
- Brightening/skin-soothing ingredients to even out skin tone: Vitamin C, Niacinamide
Here are a few steps the FaceTory Curation Team recommends you try implementing into your skincare ritual for honey skin:
1. Oil Cleansers
Oil cleansers play a major role in achieving honey skin and work well with all skin types, even oily! The main helper in keeping your skin clean, oil cleansers will help hydrate and soothe the surface of your skin while also removing makeup and sunscreen.
Yadah Green Tea Cleansing Balm
- An oil-based cleanser that will help unclog pores and get rid of any dirt, sunscreen and makeup, leaving your skin clean and radiant
- Green Tea ingredient adds anti-inflammatory effects and helps soothe irritations
Toners help the skin rebalance itself after being cleansed, returning the skin to its natural pH balance. Toners are the perfect product to help prepare the skin for later products.
Soroci Skin Softener
- A toner packed with humectant ingredients that will help replenish moisture and nutrients that were taken away from cleansing
3. Sheet Masks
A great way to achieve Honey Skin! Essential nutrients are packed into sheet masks, acting as a mini facial to help give you intense hydration.
Be Bright, Be You Brightening Gold Foil Mask
- A foil mask that helps the skin absorb even more of the hydration essence and assists in brightening dull areas
- Filled with Vitamin C, an ingredient that helps with brightening and evening out your skin tone
Neogen Propolis Ampoule Mask
- A moisturizing mask that helps smooth out any texture on the skin
- Includes Propolis, an anti-inflammatory and healing ingredient so your skin stays free of any bumps or irritation, good for acne-prone skin.
- Contains Niacinamide, a skin barrier ingredient that brightens, hydrates and firms
- Packed with honey, a humectant, that will help plump up the skin.
4. Facial Mists
Try using a facial mist throughout the day to get a boost of hydration! They’re perfect to carry around to help refresh your skin. It is also beneficial to include in your skincare routine because it will allow your serums and moisturizers to absorb better. It’s the perfect item to pamper your skin!
Lapcos Oil Mist
- Contains Jojoba and almond oils to help create a nourishing barrier on the outer layer of your skin for a healthy glow
5. Moisturizer / Cream
The final step to your skincare routine is applying moisturizer! This step is vital for all skin types. It will lock in the nutrients you applied on from earlier products, sealing in all the moisture and hydration you applied on.
Banobagi Milk Thistle Repair Cream
- Perfect for sensitive skin!
- Works on moisturizing the surface to help get rid of flakiness and smooth out the skin.
- Silybum Marianum Seed Extract - Also known as Milk Thistle Seed Extract, this ingredient is packed with antioxidants and anti-aging benefits.
And there you have it! 🙆♀️ A quick guide to honey skin. You can find most of these products in the March Lux Plus Box! We hope you found this helpful. Please let us know if you have any questions and we would be happy to help!